What is metal clay?
Metal clay is a combination of three things— metal particles, a binding agent, and water. These form a clay-like substance.
After creating a piece, it is dried to remove the water. The next step is to fire the piece, which causes the binder to burn off. You are left with a fully unique metal piece of jewelry.
I primarily work with silver clay, making all my charms 99.9% fine silver.
To keep your silver bright, follow these simple steps:
- We recommend avoiding wearing your silver jewelry in showers, pools, or any other body of water.
- Additionally, always remove jewelry before applying lotions, perfumes, or hand soap.
- It is best to store your jewelry in the clear bag or box included.
- Also included in packaging is a polishing pad to help polish any tarnish on the silver.
- Use the polish pad to hand-polish your piece, but do not get it wet. This causes the polish pad to become sticky!
We hope you enjoy your new piece and if you have any questions on care, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org any time!